Resources 

Console

Texturing shared vertices PyroBoy (0 replies, 0 views) (2000-Apr-26)
-
How do you define texture coordinates for a vertex that belongs to more than one poly? For instance, one vertex at the corner of a cube seems to need 3 different sets of texture coordinate values for the 3 different faces it belongs to. There's only one set of tu/tv values per vertex, so how can I get the texture showing up right on all 6 sides? I've already played with the values a bit(re-arranging so that each side square has one 0,0 one 0,1 one 1,0 and one 1,1 vertex) and got it at least showing up on all the "side" faces, but some of them end up x flipped, and it's all smeared on the top and bottom faces. I want the texture applied and properly aligned (not flipped around on any axis) on all 6 faces, and I don't want to have to create 3 seperate vertices at each corner to do it!! :-) Does the solution have anything to do with setting the texture addressing mode? I've read a bit about it on MSDN, but it seems the different modes mainly handle the behaviour of the mapping if you use texture coords outside 0...1 and I'm not doing that, so I leave it to the default. What addressing mode do all you D3D coders use?

-
Back to Forum

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 51 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed