Resources 

Console

Hmmm... The Gilb (0 replies, 0 views) (2000-May-6)
-
I personally have never seen any VB tutorials for Genesis3D, but that is because none of the wrappers are standard, and also there are very few people developing anything with the engines. As you may remember I was working on a 3D racing game with S o o p a while back, and I was actually going to write a few tutorials on how to use Genesis3D in VB... In the end I couldn't be bothered because noone seems to like my work anyway. And if they do like my work they just steal it, change it slightly and present it as their own. The fact is that using Genesis3D in VB is SO easy... Just follow the C++ tutorials... There's a fair few of them out there. However, you will need to work with the tutorials that help people to build a game framework from the ground up. A lot of the tutorials are based on the demo app which ships with the SDK. What I did though, was I took one of the example Genwrap applications, and I altered it. I altered it so much that it was unrecognisable! But I might release the source to where HAsTE got to because the game started to piss me off as game framework programming pisses me off. I like to make engines, not frameworks. However, basically, I say take a working example, and improve on it. Rearrange it, do some restructuring, and add all the things that it doesn't already have. One thing I noticed with the gpreview example was that it used the windows mouse API's to gather its input... Slowwwww... But then apparently DirectInput doesn't work on -all- computers! Ah sod it it's their loss! I used DirectInput and it was MUCH smoother... Also changed the code so that the camera looked at the car and rotated around it. Well yeah, good luck - if you get -really- stuck and I don't have a hangover I wont delete your mail. Gilb.

-
Up One Level | Back to Forum

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 49 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed