Resources 

Console

RE: Uhh....What I need is.... Adam Hoult (0 replies, 0 views) (2000-May-6)
-
Well basically you can't. =) Yes you can use DirectSound/DirectMusic with BASS since BASS simply outputs it's data to a DirectSound Object anyway (whether you create one for it, or not, it simply opens it's own). I use bass with DirectSound for everything i do =). You cannot however use DirectSound with BASSMOD v0.7(there is a difference) as it uses standard WaveOut. P.S In case you weren't aware, I work with Ian Luck (the creator of BASS) and wrote and maintain the VB side and VB technical support issues for him. The midi system (not part of bass) is basically part of windows, and will work regardless of whether your wave device is open or not, they are completely seperate. All you have to do is call the various MCI commands which are part of the windows API to play mid's. It's really not that difficult. In regards to the streaming of other formats with bass that you mentioned. Well yes you can, you can pass sample data TO BASS, which will then be processed as if it was an MP3 or WAV etc which was read internally, allowing you to perform the DSP/3d effects to it as if bass was playing the data itself. However this is very difficult to do with Midi's, as midi's simply use the Sound cards on board synthesiser to play, and are completely seperate to the wave device. Bass' internal file formats are as follows. MP3, WAV, XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, MO3 music (MP3 compressed MODs) and audio CD playback functions. Hope this clears it up a little. Thanks Adam

-
Up One Level | Back to Forum

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 26 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed