Resources 

Console

Reactions... Peter (0 replies, 0 views) (2001-Jun-1)
-
What's sort of funny is that people have either really hot reactions to the game and love it (like it, whatever) or really cold ones and tell us you can read a book while playing. We've gotten lots of really nice comments, like "it's the best game I've ever downloaded" but also some nasty ones. I think the reason is that it is unique and doesn't play like most other games. Some people heat up to the concept and some just don't. The strategy is also often subtle and requires you to get into the whole elements concept. Despite our best efforts the game still takes a bit too much reading at the start to understand the gameplay. The game ends up being somewhat freeform, with the rules not being pushed on you as strictly as in some other games. And there is strategy, which is why I was so puzzled by some of the comments that said there wasn't any. I usually play the Good path myself, although I try to keep enough Death power to summon at least one lava, because lava is quite frankly awesome =) Using it at the right time during your own offensive or on defense can break the enemy's back and end in your victory. Spirit rocks too =) although I never seem to have enough of it until nearly the end of the game. The thing about ranged elements is that they ... well, rock. They can deal more damage and end up consuming less mana, because you don't have to move them as often, plus attacking ranged itself drains less mana then attacking melee. Manastones deployed at the right time are also key to winning, although many people just build giant fields of them, lol =) I've heard some horror stories from players who left their mana stone fields unwatched and unguarded and when they noticed half their manastones were taken out by a few rogue enemy elements ;) I don't play the Death side as often, but its a totally different play experience because you don't have as many or as effective ranged elements. The opposition seems so weak at the beginning but their ranged elements wear you down after a while. Anyways, I think that was quite a long speech =) My point was just some people get it or they don't. But oh well, more people like it then not, we got very good reviews and a few editor picks on several sites. I myself like to play, and I suppose that's all you can ask for =)

-
Up One Level | Back to Forum

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 33 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed