Resources 

Console

Callow Idea - vb gaming portal site Jason (2 replies, 0 views) (2001-Jul-22)
-
Hurrah for my glorious dream, first, some background: I was reading PeterPan's rant (http://voodoovb.thenexus.bc.ca/columnpeter.html) and it provoked some thought how the VB scene lacked promotion, yada yada ya. Also mentioned, in his rant or one of his other conspirators, that the community was still not linked. These points, I agreed with, theNexus does its best to give exposure to those previously unheralded, it does its job but say, for a first time reader, would it not prove a bit unfriendly? Text pages of updates, new site annoucements. Put it simply: I'm taking my first look at the community here and THIS? So, my somewhat odd idea is that perhaps I/we could gather a group of veteran vbgaming webmasters to create a portal site, one with a valid introduction to vbgaming (I don't think there's one existing), links to various sites (e.g. tutorials--DX ---> lists some sites with short descrip. or list of what DX tuts they have) and vital news (not your everyday new 3d engine or game news but huge movements, the idea is to limit it, perhaps to have valid news items of the past month only). Okay, excuse the illogical style I've set this plan out, everything's a bit jumbled and unsettled in my head but I think it's a good idea, esp if we can sort of link to say, theNexus on one hand, UR and VBexplorer on the other and have them reciprocate the favour. So, webmasters, you interested?

-
Back to Forum

Sounds like a great idea .. bren (0 replies) (2001-Jul-22)
I could help Philip (0 replies) (2001-Jul-24)

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 38 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed