New 2D VB Game Programming contest!
3/12/2005 3:15:08 PM | Posted by:
Just to let everyone know I am hosting a 2D vb game programming contest at http://contest.createdbyx.com/
There will only be one winner! The winning entry will recieve ...
• VB.NET 2003 Standard
• Windows 2000 professional SP4
• Windows 2000 server SP4
• Windows 2000 advanced server SP4
• Visual Studio.net cd
• A 100 page tutorial book adapted from the full book titled "Microsoft Visual Basic.NET step by step"
• 3cds containing the MSDN library
• Visual Basic .NET Upgrade guide CD containing How-To Videos, Self-Study Courses, New book chapters, and technical case studies.
Some of the rules for game submission are the games must be a one screener style game. Meaning the map cannot extend beyond what you see on the screen, IE: no scrolling. Think Joust, DigDug, BurgerTime, Original Donkey kong, Tetris, Dr Mario etc. Games such as 2D space shooters (like Gradius) are also allowed. This is meant to keep the game as simple as possible.
For additional contest rules and details visit http://contest.createdbyx.com/