Resources 

Console

My New Demo PyroBoy (2 replies, 0 views) (2000-Apr-8)
-
Hey all. This past semester, I took a course where the main objective was to write a client/server application using COM technologies. While the prof meant a business app of some sort running on MS IIS, I convinced him to let me write a multiplayer videogame in DirectX7 and VB5. So, the product of the last few months endevour is a game demo called T-80 (named after the russian tank that the graphics are based on). It's a tile-based 2D tank game played from an overhead perspective. It's also got a 2-4 player multiplayer mode that uses DirectPlay over either TCP/IP internet or a TCP/IP LAN. It's not much of a real game at this point, just a basic target practice mode where you shoot cows, and an ultra-simplistic multiplayer deathmatch. I drew the graphics myself, so it looks awful, but I think it plays half decently. I just thought I'd post the url if anyone wants to download it, and try it out. Let me know what you think, and if you think it's worth expanding apon into a real full featured game, or whether I should wrap it in a blanket and throw it off a bridge! :-) http://members.xoom.com/pyros_pg/Games/T-80.zip

-
Back to Forum

RE: My New Demo Rag on a Stick (1 reply) (2000-Apr-9)
Yep PyroBoy (0 replies) (2000-Apr-9)

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 169 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed