Resources 

Console

Re: +one thing Stormcloud Creations (3 replies, 1 views) (2001-Sep-26)
-
thank you for asking if they like our games. I suppose you did, or you wouldn't know. >(sigh) Good point, I suppose. Though many were skeptical once >they found out my main development platform was VB, which as >one customer of mine put it "is the home of the 4 year beta in >the corner of their mom's basement with no results except a >pretty (and frequently re-programmed) web page and an >incomplete, 3/4 functioning program, most of which tend to >resemble the arcade games of 10 years ago with 'kewl' DirectX >effects slapped on it." :) >I did not mean to insult your program, which (finally) does >look pretty good, and as for your earlier comment about being >able to finish it in a week if not for school, I also work for >a living as well (programmer for a local company). Sadly >though, it looks like my latest project, PathQuest, may follow >the long development road. PS: I dn't want to be offending/rude...but you're just giving critics on game that are far from completion >When they're "far from completion" for years, and all they're >doing is a simple space shooter or Breakout clone, it gets a >little annoying. The current VBGH editorial is so dead on, if >you sit and read it for a bit. Having said that, I still love >VB and enjoy using it more than any other language i've ever >used (including C++ and Pascal). Derek Stormcloud Creations http://stormcreations.tripod.com/storm/

-
Up One Level | Back to Forum

... Almar Joling (2 replies) (2001-Sep-26)
Re: ... Gherkin (1 reply) (2001-Sep-26)

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.
There have been 21 visitors within the last 20 minutes
RSS News Feed