Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 VBGamer
 VBGamer
 RANT: Does anyone remember Chip's Challenge?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

2dcoder
Knave

83 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  04:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I am working on a very simple 3D version of galaga/galaxian.."

There are some REALLY cool remakes of Galaga/Galaxian in 3d. I think one of them is called "Bugatron" or something like that. I can't recall all the names, but I've played some excellent versions of this in 3D. Cool stuff.

Wasn't Chips Challenge on the Atari Lynx as well?

Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  10:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Wasn't Chips Challenge on the Atari Lynx as well?"

I do believe your right, I remember something similar to it anyways, that was probably the coolest handheld around... but it's cost, killed it in the market, that and the titles, where not that popular.

As for the 3D remakes, I think that is a great idea, because all the 3d is doing is enhancing the look, for the game play is still 2D. I was tossing the idea around for doing a 3D zelda remake, but my artistic skills killed that idea...lol...couldn't get link modeled for nothing... but the 3D idea of remakes are a better idea, but I will stick to 2D, I enjoy programming it more, and that is truly what I program for, ... fun..

DaBooda out...

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the other hand, I prefer and enjoy more programming in 3D.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

cjb0087
Knave

Australia
76 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  4:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit cjb0087's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i remember that game now... must of got to level 80 before the floppy that held the game died :(

im currently having fun programming my 3d framework, which will most likely turn into an enginge sometime soon

www.bugsplat.tk
Go to Top of Page

Spodi
Warrior

USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2004 :  12:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spodi's Homepage  Send Spodi an AOL message  Click to see Spodi's MSN Messenger address  Send Spodi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to play Chip's Challenge all the time, used to be my favorite game, lol. Loved it.

vbGORE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.