Best Graphics Engine for 2D Game
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

orcfan32
Neophyte

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  10:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, I'd like to say I'm new here, so Hello World!

Second of all, I was wondering what graphics engine would be easiest to work with. Most engines require all these things to be set and so forth. All I want is a simple graphics engine that puts the form into fullscreen mode, is able to plot graphics easily, and be able to tile for you. I'm not sure if the tiling part would be a complete need, but for simplicity...

aka Legendary Destroyer, aka Infesta_Zerg, aka Zero.Blader

timbo152k
Squire

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2005 :  01:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit timbo152k's Homepage  Send timbo152k an AOL message  Click to see timbo152k's MSN Messenger address  Send timbo152k a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd recommend DXgame engine, its easy to use once you play around with it abit and look through the tutorials, its powerful as it uses Direct3D (but for 2d graphics of course, everything is a textured quad i believe), and its versatile. I dont know the link off by heart, but check out the engines section of the links page (see link at top navigation panel of this site for Links)

Thats just my oppinion though, DaBooda is supposed to be really good too ^^;

Go to Top of Page

dxgame
Knave

USA
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2005 :  04:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit dxgame's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi orcfan32,

Thanks for mentioning the DXGame Engine timbo152k. :) The focus on this project has always been about ease of use. We now have over 175 forum members experiementing with the engine. I'll be the first to admit there are more powerful engines available, but if you're looking for something that allows you to get results very quickly you may want to have a look. Auto move sprite engine, tile map (unlimited layers), sound, music, shapes (lines, circles, boxes), are just some of the features. The DXGame Engine (requires VB6/DirectX8) is free to use for freeware projects but requires a one time registration fee of $19.95 for unlimited shareware projects.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.