Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  2:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
what is the nes game? i want to know :p tanks? contra? lol

Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rampart?

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  5:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
River City Ransom?

edit - WOOHOO! 50 posts!! ... finally :)

Edited by - ballistik on Oct 20 2004 5:36:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

reindeer horns
Neophyte

Finland
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  6:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Sion.

I read most of the tutorials and checked your example. While I still think DaBooda is very impressive, I am beginning to have doubts if it is a bit too complex for my game. There are so many features I don't really need. Of course I don't have to use all the features, but there's still this feel that perhaps I should go for a simple GDI based engine. There's something very attractive in simplicity for me.

I tend to move back and forth with my plans, so perhaps I am in differend mood tomorrow. :)

I will definately continue looking deeper into DaBooda, but I think that first I need to get frustrated with GDI for a while once again. I will report back once I have done what I must do. :)

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  6:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion_Blood
<br>what is the nes game? i want to know :p tanks? contra? lol

Road Fighter

How I wish I could play that on my palm... but the NES emulator doesn't support it =/

edit: Hey, am I a programmer or what? If I'm to create a clone for Windows... Nothing stops me from programming it for PalmOS too...

...hum, maybe just my lack of enough knowledge on PalmOS programming

Whatever. Who knows...

Edited by - VBBR on Oct 20 2004 6:14:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2004 :  3:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
look here at this remake :D looks great :p http://www.braingames.getput.com/roadf/default.asp

Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2004 :  4:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That looks very much like the gameplay in Mad Driver .NET (it's made in VB .NET). Download it and see for yourselves: http://www.3dlevel.com/maddrivervnet.php

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2004 :  5:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh good then that means there is already a bunch of games like this one. Gotta think about some other thing... I'm particulary interested in puzzle games...

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  04:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
why not pengo?
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hum... I don't know it But I will try to take a look...

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

reindeer horns
Neophyte

Finland
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2004 :  2:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, now I am 100% frustrated with the GDI. Back to DaBooda time!

I think the best thing to do first, is to read thru the tutorials again and this time write down some code while doing it. I think I will make a simple game project which will get finished when the tutorials are read (or soon after that).
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2004 :  04:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats great :) reading and meantime writing code, for me is the best way to learn something :) good u r back to dbt ;)
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2004 :  10:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoo hoo...

I have an idea, let me run this past the DBT people here..(or anyone else too).. I am going to create this quick little proggy with all sorts of error traps in it...

What I want to do is find out what part of dbt does not initialize for what hardware.. The problem is, if I do this where would be the best place to place it so everyone will try it... I am really trying to get a benchmark on this thing as well as fix the bugs for these older card holders... I want everyone to enjoy this free engine...

Ideas on the program or where to post it, or etc... please let me know...

DaBooda out...

P.S. ADV of lolo(psuedo copywrite enfrigdement remake) about 65% done...
(and yes Eric, I mispelled probably half that sentence....lol)

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  11:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i never heared about Lolo lol is it a cool game? what is the style? rpg, action or something like that? i say this cause when i put Lolo in google it apears a bunch of naked chicks lol

hey booda what u mean by this "where would be the best place to place it so everyone will try it"?
Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2004 :  3:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like he is talking about adding an error report function to Dabooda for debugging/sanity check purposes.
Adventures of Lolo was a puzzle(?) series on NES.

GradiusClone is about 15% done! Stay tuned 8P
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.