VBGamer
 vbgamer is Really, Really Great.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STufaro
Neophyte

8 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send STufaro an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now that I have the time and patience (i.e., a summer) to do some serious coding, I've spent a lot of my time making my own 3D engine learning from Jack Hoxley's tutorials at DirectX4VB. That's good stuff, easy to understand, easy to implement.

It makes me very sad to see the forum so quiet :(

It was fun while it lasted...unless we can bring it back.

DX8 and VB6 for the win.

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  12:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's going to happen.

Go to Top of Page

IAC249
Squire

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit IAC249's Homepage  Send IAC249 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to see this site dead. :/
Go to Top of Page

Almar

Netherlands
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  10:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Almar's Homepage  Send Almar an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, more and more people stick with development tools like Unity, Torque, UDK, etc. which have their own forum... causing these to slow down (similar to gpwiki)

So, what have you been up to Eric? :)

Edited by - Almar on Dec 31 2009 12:18:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing game related unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

sdw
Warrior

USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  11:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit sdw's Homepage  Click to see sdw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Howdy :)
Go to Top of Page

Spodi
Warrior

USA
142 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  5:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spodi's Homepage  Send Spodi an AOL message  Click to see Spodi's MSN Messenger address  Send Spodi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yo

vbGORE
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  4:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yo Yo
Go to Top of Page

cbx
Swordmaster

Canada
296 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  01:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cbx's Homepage  Send cbx an ICQ Message  Click to see cbx's MSN Messenger address  Send cbx a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Hey! Can't believe I remembered my username/password :P

Was updating my website using the internet archive way back machine to fill in missing historical blog posts at createdbyx.com. And wouldn't you know it I keep coming across links to vbgamer :D

And yes vbgamer is really cool. I say that and I just don't know why. I think it's cause it has always seemed to be a very small niche forum. And Eric has been kind enough to keep the site running all this time even though no one uses it.

I love people who keep sites running even for historical sake :)

Oh and there is this -> VB.NET coming to XNA!
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lisa/archive/2011/03/28/xna-is-coming-to-visual-basic.aspx

So who knows maybe one day vbgamer will see more traffic.

Created by: X
http://www.createdbyx.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  1:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was fun while it lasted!
Go to Top of Page

Spodi
Warrior

USA
142 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spodi's Homepage  Send Spodi an AOL message  Click to see Spodi's MSN Messenger address  Send Spodi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Coleman

It was fun while it lasted!

Yep

vbGORE
Go to Top of Page

sdw
Warrior

USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2016 :  12:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit sdw's Homepage  Click to see sdw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We outlived gpwiki! That's a win, right? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  6:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a win. I was sad to see gpwiki go.
Go to Top of Page

Almar

Netherlands
192 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2018 :  1:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Almar's Homepage  Send Almar an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Coleman

Not a win. I was sad to see gpwiki go.

Totally agree .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.