Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 VBGamer
 VBGamer
 RANT: Does anyone remember Chip's Challenge?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember being totally engulfed...
...mezmorized
...tired
...annoyed
...frustrated
...angry
...furious

Then i'd close the program

Then i'd want to open it again and play the level cause i thot just maybe i'd be able to beat it.

Anyone remember that good ol' game?

I haven't seen many games like it since (RoX comes close).

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  2:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know it, what was it all about? Something like RoX?

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  2:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds very vaguely familiar, but I have no idea about it... What kind of game was it?
Go to Top of Page

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  3:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You were this kid named Chip and you went around an interal-computer-like word trying to get all the chips (computer chips, that is). I think there were levels where you were timed. Obviously there were things to keep you from getting all the chips so you had to push buttons and things to get places.

It was a top-view 2D game and there were at least 100 levels. It came with Windows 95 I think.
Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  5:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that was part of a 16 bit windows game pack.
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  01:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it came with a game pack, that incuded genome, majohng, ski slope, and golf, and a few others...

I remember first playing it and thinking how corny it was, because when chip moved he would move one whole tile, with no animation what so ever... but I didn't realize how much time went by and I was on level 30... It was truly an addictive game, and your right, nothing has come close to it since... even Rox which is a great game, has to get back seat to it... It shows that a game doesn't have to be graphically stunning to be fun... I lost it with my old laptop, and I have been looking for it since...

Great game... but really became hard later on, I mean the levels where almost impassible...

DaBooda out...

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

sdw
Warrior

USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  01:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit sdw's Homepage  Click to see sdw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did you Google it? Here's what I found:
http://www.freewebs.com/chipshome/chips.html
Not sure whether that's the same game or not, I've never played it before.

Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  02:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm a little paranoid about what and where I download, but this is something I might stick my judgement aside for... Thanks...

DaBooda out...

Go to Top of Page

Almar

Netherlands
192 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  03:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Almar's Homepage  Send Almar an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds a bit like Supaplex too :)
Go to Top of Page

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  3:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good. I'm glad at least a few of you remember it. Definately a good game. Definately a good example of game quality without graphical or audio beautification.

Thanks for the link. I, myself, haven't been searching for it...but it'd be nice to play it.

P.S. Addictive? Yes. I especially remember some of my friends (years ago) telling me all about how they were on level 100 and their dad was helping them. (I don't know about you, but when a dad gets into a game, that immediately proclaims it as a REALLY good game...because they don't do that often: remember JetPack?...that was another.)
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So couldn't anyone create a remake of this game with nice graphics?

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You read my mind, I was actually thinking of doing just that, kind of a Chips for the newer generation....

But I would still keep it general gdi... or directx7 maybe... any thoughts on that?

DaBooda out...

Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought about making a suite of all the classic windows games... with updated graphics, and sound.... thought it would be sort of a novelty project..

DaBooda out...

Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I want to make them all with nice 3D graphics! So you make some 2D and I some 3D and...

Maybe I'm just dreaming?

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, don't laugh... I am working on a very simple 3D version of galaga/galaxian... That shoudn't be too difficult... I hope...

Edited by - Sr. Guapo on May 30 2004 4:24:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - May 30 2004 :  4:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it isn't. I was talking seriously, I like to do remakes of good old games but in 3D (don't completed at least one tough; but it isn't that hard)

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.