VBGamer
 Lightyears alpha testing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawthorne
Neophyte

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawthorne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am ready to take alpha testers on a project i've been working on called Lightyears. Its an online 2D arcade style space mmo. It's based in the tradition of tradewars and starflight, hope to see ya there.

www.lightyearsgame.com

-Hawthorne

Spodi
Warrior

USA
142 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  03:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spodi's Homepage  Send Spodi an AOL message  Click to see Spodi's MSN Messenger address  Send Spodi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried everything I can, but it wont render the text for me. I have had this problem in my own VB/DX8 project, so I just implimented a custom text via textues.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

vbGORE
Go to Top of Page

hawthorne
Neophyte

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  10:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawthorne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you mean? The fonts are just renderd textures, just like anything else. Hmm, you say it just wont work? Never heard of this one before! more ifnormation please!

-H
Go to Top of Page

Spodi
Warrior

USA
142 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  02:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spodi's Homepage  Send Spodi an AOL message  Click to see Spodi's MSN Messenger address  Send Spodi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is ALL the font just rendered textures? I believe it is just a hardware problem, not exactly sure why it happened. It happens for me with any DX8/VB program that tries to render text it seems like, though. I couldn't see any of the menu screen fonts.

vbGORE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.