New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2004 :  7:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sion, I have been trying to figure out your latest project, but your site is confounding this simple mono lingual hill billy.... is there an english version, and I am missing it...?

DaBooda out....

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  04:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
masterbooda-> What's up bro!

I have good news and bad news about the automation error(-2005530516)[as reported by win98, if this was not the same one we had for winxp earlier please post or holler at me to correct this...]

Assume DirectX 9.0c for both circumstances...

Good news:
Folks if you are having a hard time with this, masterbooda and I may have a solution..(sort of)
If you are running a multiboot system(in my case Win98,Win2k,WinXP), and have a reasonably posh
video card(Radeon 7000 in this case, not new, not ancient). Make sure you install Dabooda into the
exact operating system drive you are using. Ex: if you installed Winxp on drive I then install Dabooda's DLLs on drive I as well. I made the mistake of installing to C(default) that won't cut it unless you are acually using the OS there at the moment.

Bad news:I did the same thing for the other machine, no luck with win98, but I remain the eternal optimist..
perhaps I may have better luck with Win2k or xp. For the record I am using an ATI RageIIc AGP.

The only other solution I know of to avoid this error is to use a current copy of both DirectX and a current copy of your video drivers.

I sincerely hope this post will save a lot of headaches... l8trz
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  05:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so to fix that, the dll need to be in the same drive were is the SO installed?
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  05:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masterbooda
<br>Sion, I have been trying to figure out your latest project, but your site is confounding this simple mono lingual hill billy.... is there an english version, and I am missing it...?

There isn't an English version, and in hinsight that's a mistake, but there is an English version of the most recent update.
The homepage of the game can be found here: http://www.icysoft.dk/upload/blandet/index.asp, but the project has just been gathering dust these past few weeks, because I have so many other things that needs to be taken care of.

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!

Edited by - Sion on Oct 15 2004 05:31:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  12:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I meant to post that, we found out this the hard way.... if you are using an os thats system folder isn't default ex. c:/windows/system... then you have to manually type in the path within the installer.. this may seem silly now, but we where pounding are heads for an hour trying to figure it out... doh!

As for the second problem, crysstaafur, could you list all the specs of that card i.e. memory..., and let me know if the driver is updated fully... these onboard cards are giving DaBooda fits... and I know you told me on the phone, but my memory sucks... It works on the Radeon on your wife's system, but not yours, so it has to be that video card... ( hate to ask, did you install the .dll right? just kidding bro...)

Sion, that project sounds like its going to rock, can't wait to see some progress on it, hope you find the time...

As for Lolo, I have the editor done, and the menu system, so all that is left is enemy AI and player stuff... so its zooming along now...

DaBooda out...

P.S. Nice to finally see a post from you bro... lol

Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  2:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are my specs:

Just a reminder:I am using DirectX 9.0c
According to dxdiag, display tab:
Name:Rage IIC AGP
Manufac:ATI Tech Enhanced
Chip Type:Mach64GT(like the mustang, not..)
Digital to Analog Converter:Internal
Onboard Graphics Memory:4 Megs
Typical display settings:1024x768 16-bit color
Driver Version:4.11.0001.2560
Driver Date:4/1/99 (familiar, lol)
Directdraw and Direct3d test are available and work.
Texture Acceleration is perm. disabled..(it's ancient..)

Here is the dump from MSinfo:
IO Range: Base=x03B0 End=x03BB Min=x03B0 Max=x03BB Alias=x04, Decode=x03
Base=x03C0 End=x03DF Min=x03C0 Max=x03DF Alias=x04, Decode=x03
Base=xD800 End=xD8FF Min=x0000 Max=xFFFF Alias=xFF, Decode=x00
Memory Address Range: Base= x000A0000 End= x000AFFFF Min= x000A0000 Max= x000AFFFF
Base= x000B0000 End= x000BFFFF Min= x000B0000 Max= x000BFFFF
Base= xFD000000 End= xFDFFFFFF Min= x00000000 Max= xFFFFFFFF
Base= xFCAFF000 End= xFCAFFFFF Min= x00000000 Max= xFFFFFFFF
Base= x000C0000 End= x000C7FFF Min= x000C0000 Max= x000C7FFF
Base= xFCA00000 End= xFCA1FFFF Min= x00000000 Max= xFFFFFFFF
Forced resources: None
Boot resources: None
Filtered resources: Logical Configuration 0
Memory Address Range: Base= x000A0000 End= x000AFFFF Min= x000A0000 Max= x000AFFFF
Base= xFCA00000 End= xFCA1FFFF Min= x00000000 Max= xFFFFFFFF
Basic resources: Logical Configuration 0
Base= x00000000 End= x0001FFFF Min= x00000000 Max= xFFFFFFFF
HW Revision: 122

Hope this helps... :)

Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  2:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The driver is the newest I could find that's officially supported, unless someone knows of a leaked/hacked RageIIc driver that is newer than April, 1999
Again, I haven't installed the newer os's, so I may get lucky with those.. time will tell...
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  4:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DaBooda... welcome back!

The engine is great.. except the problem with my onboard laptop graphics chip that can't run it. It's almost like Crysstaafur's. It's an ATI Rage Pro 8Mb 2x AGP chip.

Anyway, runs great other than that. By the way... did you ever get those bullets flying straight? hehe I haven't touched that since I sent it to you. :D

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  6:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Anyway, runs great other than that. By the way... did you ever get those bullets flying straight? hehe I haven't touched that since I sent it to you. :D

Man I looked at that snippet today, and I am working on it, I got the bullets to fly straight, but the bullet is always facing the same direction(so when the man is turned sideways, the bullet is still up and down), so I am looking into this.... I am sorry for the hold up, but I just went through a major move, and am just now settling down to do some programming... I will work on nothing else until I square that away for you...

Crysstaafur, I am wondering, that 4 megs... is it shared? and can you increase the amount being shared, because that is really the only thing I see it being... and maybe the fact that the driver date being old... as for the tests that you run through DXDiag... I believe those use DX7 to run, no matter how high up of a dx version you have... (that is Micro$oft for you)...

DaBooda out....

Edited by - masterbooda on Oct 15 2004 6:26:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  6:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wanted to add one thing, if you do not know about this site yet, check it out, you can find drivers to anything...

http://www.driverguide.com/

Is free to become a member and trust me this site was a life saver when I was working PC repair... you can find anything...

Try that out, if you haven't yet bro and see what you can find...

DaBooda out...

Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  10:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For now I am probably going to use the other machine for dev'ing (when the wife isn't Sims 2'ing out lol)
Unfortionately the Video ram isn't shared it's separate. Are also implying that it is possible to share Ram inexchange for Video Ram? How? That may make the difference. Also, I wonder if changing the Aperture size in my bios settings may make a difference..
Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  10:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is likely this might be the case... for those who want to know what it does have a look at this link: http://www.ocfaq.com/article.php/overclocking/vidcard/43

Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  11:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No luck. Even though Increasing the AGP aperature size will increase shared ram that didn't work. No worries.. I will use the wife's puter for dev'ing until I can afford a posh pci vid card. Any suggestions?

Go to Top of Page

Eric Coleman
Gladiator

USA
811 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2004 :  08:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eric Coleman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a really crappy ATI Rage Pro Turbo card in my destop as well. It might be old, but it can handle 2D games really well.

I'm not sure if the extra memory from setting the AGP arperture size is available to directx applications by default. A program can use system memory or video memory, and for the video memory it can be either local or non-local. The "local" memory is real video memory, the "non-local" is the remapped system memmory.

Doesn't dabooda's engine uses a stencil buffer? That's probably the likely reason it won't work on either of our computers.
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2004 :  11:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Booda for working on that, no worries about the time frame, I've been working on other things lately. Thanks for the effort.

About the low end video card issue... This may be pretty difficult, but maybe in a future release DaBooda could have a "low-end" type setting that you could switch the engine to if it could not initialize in normal mode. Maybe something like this...

With Engine  
    'Initialize the display... (last parameter: bLowEndMode = False)  
    .InitializeDisplay hwndObject.hWnd, True, 640, 480, , D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, False
    'Make sure display initialized correctly...  
    If .GetDisplayOn = False Then
        '(last parameter: bLowEndMode = True)  
        .InitializeDisplay hwndObject.hWnd, True, 640, 480, , D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, True
        If .GetDisplayOn = False Then
            MsgBox "Engine Could not Initialize.", vbCritical, "BOOM!"  
            End
        End If
    End If
End With

Just .02$

Edited by - ballistik on Oct 16 2004 11:28:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.