Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  03:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey Scorpion, I hear that you are the setup guy for the Dabooda page, would this include projects written by the Dabooda team as well? Would they have to host the files on their own server and toss ya the link? The GC alpha release is about a week and half away from release.. would've been sooner, but I took a sabatical and had 2 days of goofing instead.. gotta let the hair down sometimes lol

Booda -> I just wanted to thank you for making the Joystick class a completely painless transition from the keyboard. I was floored when I was able to implement it completely in 5 to 10 minutes..
Only 1 question remains that hasn't been addressed. Can the class technically handle 2 or more Joysticks?
Having the 2 player cooperative thing going on would nift...

Crysstaafur Quantumly Entangled.....

*Pocky*

sorry, just had to say it lol

Edited by - Crysstaafur on Nov 28 2004 11:42:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  1:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cry yes im the guy who is making the site... it will include projects of anyone not only team ;) and about the host... im still searching/thinking on a good webserver that have a good space to host te projects :\ untill then u have to w8 :p

btw, booda did u recived mine e-mail with the ftp account? or u got a better one?
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh... Booda, any ideas on what's causing the engine to not run on lower end cards? havent heard anything, just wondering if you've found anything out.

DevlinSE
Squire

19 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2004 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see DevlinSE's MSN Messenger address  Send DevlinSE a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ballistik

oh... Booda, any ideas on what's causing the engine to not run on lower end cards? havent heard anything, just wondering if you've found anything out.

For me changing D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING to D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING in DBTurbo2DEngine.cls>>InitializeDisplay() made it run. I guess my card doesn't have support for vertex processing...my card suxx...

Just remember to keep smiling while you're programming or your code won't work. There's no sense in cursing the code...further...
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2004 :  9:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh!!! yes that worked for me too! nice job!

I added a parameter to the InitializeDisplay function to toggle whether to use software or hardware. Similar to what I mentioned in my earlier post. So now, after initially calling the function, if the function fails I call it again with bLowEnd = True and try again... then if that fails then I give "Engine Failure" message and end the app.

Now it works beautifully! Thanks Devlin

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2004 :  10:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
woot :D i found a good webservice :)

Disk space: 500mb
unlimited transfer
2 free domains
the rest is unlimited :p like DBs
60€/year :D

right now i dont have money but the end of the month is near hehe

Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2004 :  8:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if there is a way to take a screen shot in DBT?

I've searched the help but haven't seen anything... I guess there's always the ole-fashioned printscreen button way...

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2004 :  03:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if it captures DirectX windows right though.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2004 :  3:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up on that one devilnSE... that is cool, never thought of that one...guess its a good fix until peoples cards catch up with my sloppy programming...lol.. The problem is that some cards will not support the vertex creation process that dabooda uses, so switching works but it is still real slow.. I am looking for the exact parameter that cards have a problem with. When this is found in v1.5, I can install debug routines into it that will go to the next method automatically.. Sometimes I am tempted to go back to DX7 for the simple fact everyone runs DX7 the same... You would think video cards would be universal or something.... stupid real stupid...lol

Crystafur found another problem with the render new style and setting a viewport... for some reason his card automatically calculates the difference from screen edge to viewport edge. So when DaBooda does it also, it causes the sprites to be offset by the viewport twice. I hope this makes sense, but we are working on a fix. This seems to only happen when the viewport is set to something besides 0,0... and only on his card so far... Its real frustrating..lol.. Anyone else have this problem let me know, trying to sort it down to certain cards, his is a ati radeon 9600...

As for printing a screen shot of the screen....I use paint shop pro's screen capture, usually set the hot key to f9 and run the app... I just click that to take a screen shot... it is best to set up multiple captures this way the app won't lose focus, makes it kind of a pain when that happens....

DaBooda out...

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2004 :  12:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question.. I'm not at a place to look at my code at the moment but was wondering about the DBMAP and SubMap classes... I was trying to create a map of hex tiles but for some reason could not get the transparency to work. Since Hex tiles need to overlap each other to line up, this would not do. I've tried dds, bmps, pngs... none would display properly... is this a known issue with the map classes or did I forget something? The reason I ask is because I resorted to just using sprites for the map tiles and that has worked fine, but using the map classes would make it a lot easier to manage.

Edited by - ballistik on Dec 16 2004 12:07:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2004 :  10:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...*BUMP*...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2004 :  01:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the late reply.. I am working on something simular. Except instead of hex tiles it's pseudo-3d blocks. The inspiration was NES's Solstice. Anyhow, I know that with the mapdata module(correct me if I am wrong) but it should allow you to arrange textures as if they are sprite-tiles. In order for them to overlap, that's a tricky one. What you might try to do is fill the square texture out so that it has a hex, and partial hexes on the edges.
Something like this... (using * to represent pixels) (8x5 tile)

^x*^x*^x
*^x**x^*
^x*^x*^x
*^x**x^*
^x*^x*^x

Ignore the ^'s and x's.. treat them as you would with blank space...
Thata way, when it is lined up with another texture like it, it will complete anouther hex, with yet anouther in the middle. Finally you'll probably want some tiles that terminate the edges of the hexes (unless you want things to clip the edge of the screen)
For the sprites that will move on it, you don't want to use map coordinates on purpose, that way they can move in terms of pixels instead of map blocks. I hope that helps...
I am curious though, how are you calculating and displaying your coordinate projections?(what formulas do you use to calc. isometric stuff)

Edited by - Crysstaafur on Dec 20 2004 01:45:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2004 :  11:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey ppl :D

last day finally i got time to make a new from the old new website that was never released... it was plain CSS but it was looking empty so i decided to start creating one :D

here is what i got so far: http://clientes.netvisao.pt/sdesign/test.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2004 :  12:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry ballistik, I didn't notice your question. Try going here for a way to render isometric/hexogonal tiles.

Scorpion: Looking really slick... but we have seen pictures of great-looking websites from you before, but not any new websites...

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2004 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sion, soon :D the best is always the last ;) btw what u mean with "but not any new websites"... u want c a working website?

Edited by - Scorpion_Blood on Dec 21 2004 4:08:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.