New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2005 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what's been going on with DBT, new site yet? any updates? I'd really hate to see this project die off... it's too good to let go.

cbx
Swordmaster

Canada
296 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2005 :  1:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit cbx's Homepage  Send cbx an ICQ Message  Click to see cbx's MSN Messenger address  Send cbx a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Although I did download the DaBooda engine and had a look I do not use it because it is not .NET. (so sad) But I do agree legacy vb'ers do need more projects like this! A month or two back I tried downloading the engine and source code off the DaBooda website but it was touch and go at best. (site kept crashing) I eventually got the files I wanted.

So yah what ballistik said "So what's been going on with DBT, new site yet? any updates? I'd really hate to see this project die off... it's too good to let go."

Created by: X
http://www.createdbyx.com/

Edited by - cbx on Mar 04 2005 1:21:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  03:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the long wait guys.. lol There was a temporary setback for somethings but I can forsee some more Dabooda goodness coming soon.
The Dabooda powered space shooter I've been working on is nearly complete enough for an alpha release. I will leave this subject with only two teasers.. it has a built-in commandline/console prompt (ala Half-Life1, The Sims, etc). A proto-media player built into the console so you can listen to different game music or even music of your own choosing into between game sessions.. Image support shouldn't be a problem, but avi support may be tricky, if anyone knows how to get VB to interface with avi codecs like DivX please let me know. The game itself at the moment has only the demo stage, since I am working more toward features, content, and player abilities.(and a whole lot of debugging lol). One last GC update.. I finally got the title screen just right.. hee hee

I suspect my brother is still in the 'dabooda lab' somewhere but is quite actively coding. Before I had to vanish for awhile there was some talk of either a new lib/dbt expansion class code named 'Dabooda Toolbox'

Hey booda what's up with dabooda console? An update would be kinda nice... lol

Scorpion,
How are things going with your dbt project and your dbt site. I am still waiting for my server access to be reinstated for the mirror site, but I am sure it will happen.. no worries. :)

Crysstaafur Out...

Edited by - Crysstaafur on Mar 10 2005 03:45:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  09:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear DBT users,

Sorry about the long absence there, I figured most where busy with school or work, seeing how vbgamer has been kind of slow as of late.

DBT is not dead, nor will it die any time soon. I am working on a new site with my bro, he is now in business again, so I will be getting with him and scorpian shortly to transfer the site to a more reliable server.

On the coding side of things, I have put DBConsole on the back burner, because I have found some new tricks, which I will incorporate into DBT. I was thinking of renaming DB to another new version, because the changes I am making are too many to be a simple version change. For one, I am going to be incorporating C functions into it, for the speed increase, I have already programmed a prototype for the sprite manipulation routines and have increased the speed dynamically(3 times+). And many math functions also. Here is a new run down on some of the new features:
Better Mapping support, (I have had complaints that the map class is a little to simplistic, This will also support dynamic maps now, and Isometric style)
Better Sprite support, (I am adding sprite templates, collections of sprites...this way all the user will have to do is change a number to create a new form of sprites....very nice)
Better Resource support, (ie; Adding, Deleting, Modifying, Reading....from one file)
Adding Track Music support, (Large songs, that are track based from wav instruments)
Adding many new math functions for advanced sprite mechanics...(ie; Tracking along a spline, line, or anyother shape, better collision detection and more)
Adding New Sprite Collections....(Handle large complex sprites easier)
Adding better texture support....(Will make alpha images on the fly, will be able to access textures for drawing primitives and manipulation of color and alpha...on the fly)
There is much more to come... I am thinking of renaming this Engine or simply calling it DBT 2...Do not know yet.

Also, I saw someone mention .Net....I believe, and I could be wrong, that since DBT is a .dll...it can be used in .Net, but I am not sure. Any opinions and answers are appreciated, and I hope that many users haven't been turned off for my absence. I apologize and I have been working in the DB Lab, only making this engine better.

Thanks again for the support..

DaBooda Out....

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  1:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess all of us are kinda busy with other things. I, for one, am working on my small paying stuff (the one that always delayed me) (part of it is in VB), an editor for a portable game engine (in VB), porting Duke Nukem 3D to the PalmOS platform (that has to be C =p), designing a strategy game with a friend of mine (I'd say it's not RTS or TBS... maybe you'll see it sometime soon) (prototyping in VB, but unfortunately I think I'll do the final in C++ for maximum speed. That's a big project and we might end up selling the game...)

Yeah, I think I'm busy with "only" that =p

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

ballistik

72 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear all these new features coming along!! I think those will be a great addition to the engine.

As for a new name... I think you should definitely keep the DaBooda name, and maybe add to it a little, since it is the same product, just enhanced. Maybe like DaBooda Xtreme or something?...

Brykovian
Bryk the Cheese Slayer!

USA
58 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  2:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brykovian's Homepage  Click to see Brykovian's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My suggestion: DaBoodaBlaster

www.mwgames.com
Go to Top of Page

Crysstaafur
Squire

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  06:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crysstaafur's Homepage  Send Crysstaafur an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I can say I was lucky enough to be in earshot of the new version name. I won't say what it is, but it definately gives it a marked attitude. ;-)
btw.. booda, should we port my functions into the new engine or do you want to keep it in the 'toolbox' prototype lib?
gotta crash out 4 the night folks.. c ya tommorow nite.
sex and dynamite..

crysstaafur out..
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  1:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey cryssatafur and mbooda!!! u r back :D

well, the status of the new site is "Hanging on"... why? lol because i was in need of feedback about the design of the site :( and both of u were away... i sended many e-mails for crys but it always says "unable to find contact"... anyway since u are back plz use mine new e-mail that is Scorpion.Blood@gmail.com and gimmie urs lol

Crys when u talk with me in msn mess. im always away, when i come back to talk with u, u are already gone lol so plz use mine new e-mail ;)

Booda i think a new name is great DaBooda Xtreme is an awsome name for an engine :)

==================

who wants Gmail accounts? i got many to give lol
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  1:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion_Blood

hey cryssatafur and mbooda!!! u r back :D

well, the status of the new site is "Hanging on"... why? lol because i was in need of feedback about the design of the site :( and both of u were away... i sended many e-mails for crys but it always says "unable to find contact"... anyway since u are back plz use mine new e-mail that is Scorpion.Blood@gmail.com and gimmie urs lol

Crys when u talk with me in msn mess. im always away, when i come back to talk with u, u are already gone lol so plz use mine new e-mail ;)

Booda i think a new name is great DaBooda Xtreme is an awsome name for an engine :)

anwyay im really busy for some days, im working with a client to get them an website... i need money lol
==================

Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  05:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have 50

(not kidding)

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VBBR

quote:
<br>who wants Gmail accounts? i got many to give lol

I have 50

(not kidding)

yea me too lol
Go to Top of Page

cbx
Swordmaster

Canada
296 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  7:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cbx's Homepage  Send cbx an ICQ Message  Click to see cbx's MSN Messenger address  Send cbx a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was not going to post but, That makes 3 of us. I got 49. I just cant get rid of them!

But it does raise an interesting question. Is Google building a database of invites. Who invited who and from where etc? It cirtianly raises the possibility that the whole invite system is actually being used as an easy means of aquiring email addresses. Just a thought...

Created by: X
http://www.createdbyx.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lachlan87

USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  8:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they wanted to do that, they could just collect it when you sign up. No need for convoluted schemes!
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2005 :  06:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it gives you a ton of invites once you start to use the account more and more. I received those 50 when I signed up for a mailing-list that received 20 entries/day.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.