Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2004 :  2:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least most/some/a few people will express why they are unhappy, or improve it themselves if it is open source. That way, the project will/should become better... In theory...

Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2004 :  2:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I was doing something original with the open source idea, for I have seen both Shareware and Freeware 2d engines, but they are closed source... guess I was wrong, and believe it or not at the time of designing this engine I didn't know how many others where out there, I knew of maybe 1 or 2 very simple ones, but I was busy coding, not looking, ...lol...I guess its like when you get a new vehicle, then you notice how many other people own the same vehicle...lol

I will just leave it as is...sounds good to me... lol...

DaBooda out...

P.S. Anybody have opinions on keeping this open source, please let me know... I am curious about this issue, because I think I have a warped sense of programming values... or something of that nature..lol

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2004 :  2:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey DaBooda Turbo is DirectX 8, that is rare, most of them are DirectX 7.... that is a difference... right? Probably not...lol

Oh well....I will use it at least...lol

Actually I noticed that I am 6 posts behind Sr.Guapo... and I will be the one to make swordmaster first.........lol

Dabooda out...

P.S. Prozac Rocks!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2004 :  3:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey don't make me wrong! I was just stating that some people here don't fully understand the truly porpose of open source programs/games/software. I really like open source, and the BIG program I'm designing I plan to make it open source so everyone can learn from it.

I DO want that this engine continues open source. And I hope this encourages people to make it even better. I'm really liking this engine, and as I stated in the comments page, I will use it if I am to create a 2D game.

(and mind you... I will get to the next rank at 500 before you get at 250!!!! lol... )

(see, I guess Eric will need to create a new rank at 1000 posts and maybe even one at 5000 or so!)

(now, just imagine... 7 stars below my name... and a BIG "VB Gaming Master" rank name... now this would rock)

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2004 :  2:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or u could just be helpful and post pointful information...haha j/k.
Go to Top of Page

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  2:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, another nice thing about using a DLL rather than classes: I can use it in VB.NET also . Does that mean it will work in the other .NET languages as well?

Edited by - Sr. Guapo on Jun 18 2004 2:24:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  2:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I guess, just like any COM DLL would. However, it is not recommended to use COM with .NET because they are completely different tecnologies and so some problems may happen.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  10:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For anybody interested,

Ok I am just sending out a general update to what is going on with the engine so far... I am currently working on v1.4... and I keep adding stuff to it. I want this one to be good for awhile because I am wanting to make a game real bad... lol. So give me a few more days and it will be out and released..

To see the current changes being made so far please visit the site and read over them, also if you have any more suggestions please email them to me... just to give you a hint, I have added two more classes that handle advance timers and password protected resource files... Text functions, mouse functions, etc...

DaBooda out...

P.S. Anders if you read this, i am thinking of pushing forward and adding that multiplayer class to this version... so get back to me with some more info one that...

Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2004 :  7:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey booda ;) did u checked ur e-mail? cuz i sended some updates
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2004 :  01:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is strange Scorpion, because I did not recieve them, and I check my mail like 3 times a day.... When did you send them?

Dabooda out...

Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2004 :  08:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
strange... 2 days ago i sended the e-mail but well i will resend it again ;)
do u use msn messenger?
Go to Top of Page

2dcoder
Knave

83 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  05:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offense Dabooda.. but it could be time for your own forum. Just a suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  05:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Funny, didn't realize 2dcoder was the moderator....

But its immaterail, for DaBooda is going offline indefidently, due to financial problems....(I have no money to pay for internet or power for that matter or my house)... so say good bye to the engine forever...

Thanks to those that supported it so far, and I apologize for this... and maybe one day it will be up again... for now though if a REAL moderator could, could you remove all links to the site as well as anything dealing with the engine... it is done and I do not wish people to hit bad links...

Goodbye and Peace

DaBooda out for good...

Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  10:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you serious? This may be one of the worst decisions I've ever seen! How come a great engine like this is just "dead" ? This just doesn't seem right!

Can't you find some free web hosting that fits your needs...? Hey, wait... It just came to me...

...Source Forge!!!!

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  5:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't just completely delete the project... Put it on a free webserver, or something like planet source code or sourceforge. That way at least others can still use/modify the engine. I like the engine, and it is definatley one of the better (and cheaper) ones out there. If can ever get the time (or motivation for that matter) to make a full 2D e, I am sure I will make one with this engine.

PS - I hope we will still see you around the forums every once in a while (hopefully there is a library or something near you). TTFN...

Edited by - Sr. Guapo on Jun 28 2004 5:22:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.