Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

2dcoder
Knave

83 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2004 :  07:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeesh! Sorry if I po'ed Dabooda. Didn't mean it that way. Just thought you guys would communicate better/quickly with your own forum or instant messaging thingy. sorry!!! I agree though, while there are tons of engines out now, why not pay $10.00 for a domain name, and place it on one of the free sites. You can't get much cheaper than that, and forums are free as well. ;)

Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2004 :  2:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NOOO... dont do that :( plz just say this (sorry ppl lol this was a joke) ;)

but now the real talking... dabooda if ur problem was to keep the server up why didnt u telled me as soon as possible???

cuz i got a server 250mb freespace with unlimited bandwith per month, ssl, php,etc, well what a web-designer needs ;) but i could help u out!!!! plz reply to this forum!!!
Go to Top of Page

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2004 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember, DaBooda, bay bashing the engine, ur not only throwing away ALL UR WORK!, but also the work of those who submitted stuff to it and the work of those who were WORKING on stuff to submit! PLEASE DONT DO THIS TO US! I'm sure SOMEBODY will be willing to take ur project and put it on their server!

Don't give up like this...it makes VB look bad. It makes us ALL look bad. It especially makes U look bad. Please...think about this, don't waste all that work!
Go to Top of Page

masterbooda
Swordmaster

277 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2004 :  7:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit masterbooda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok...ok... I am sorry and I apologize, but as of soon, I will have no power at all for awhile, so if anybody with the engine downloaded and the help file also... could they move it to a server and keep at least v1.3 alive. I was feeling depressed when I did this, and to my suprise they haven't cut me off yet, but soon I feel. I will have power within the next 2 weeks and will begin work on the engine again, and I will find a way to upload the info onto a server or to somebody.... I just don't know at the moment... and I am sorry for the brash judgement, but I was feeling rather bombarded by real life at the time... and the thought of killing this engine, (being the first thing I ever completed in vb, or any other language, I mean real project that is) I just can't let it die, and the people working on this, I will have let down... so It will REMAIN ALIVE, just don't know how at the moment...

DaBooda out...Temporarily(I hope)

P.S. If any body could post something of this engine, please, I will be eternally grateful..

DaBooda Team is back: http://dabooda.789mb.com/
Go to Top of Page

EACam
Warrior

154 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  08:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! At least we know u aren't giving up on a great project. Yes, and I can relate to how my real life effects the way I look at my programming projects. When I'm angry that I am unable to work on something, I often just feel like trashing it, and I HAVE before. I regretted it the next morning.

Thanks. And may God be merciful to u and help u get ur life back together.
Go to Top of Page

2dcoder
Knave

83 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  08:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps Dabooda was hoping more would flock to his engine. If he just codes the thing to "his" liking and not worry about who uses it or contributes to it, it would be a more worth while project to him. I've seen something like 8 engines out the past few months for Vb, and if you visit their forums, no engine is taking the lead. (And they are all VERY similar.) VB'rs like to to code things themselves, I don't see any particular engine becoming popular or a standard. The SoundCraft engine I use only has a few users. :)

Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  10:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But we know that a LOT of people here like this engine. If I wasn't creating a 3D game, certainly I would use it.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Sr. Guapo
Swordmaster

USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  12:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ditto, VBBR...

Anyway, I highly doubt daBooda cares too much about how many people are using his engine. He seemed perfectly content (even surprised) by the support and interest in his engine. I personally think it is one of the better (and cheaper) 2D engines available (for any lanuage). He is putting alot of work into it, and it is continually getting better and more powerful. All I can say is "Good job" and I hope we see you again once you get back on your feet.
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  1:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
masterbooda hey!!!! if u still have power plz reply to my e-mail ;) if u dont have it i will resend to u again ;) look!! its an important e-mail ;) and its good for everyone :D
Go to Top of Page

2dcoder
Knave

83 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scorpion, why not post the update code here? Or put a link to it somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  1:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
DaBrooda, I'm very glad to hear that you haven't abandoned the engine, and it seems that I'm not the only one :P
I got pretty surprised by your post d. 24., because I thought the network class wouldn't be included until version 1.5. Anyway, I'm almost finished with the networking portion of the engine, and I'm going to write a short tutorial + demostration of the DBNetwork class. But it dosn't look like version 1.4 is going to be unloaded any time soon if you don't have any power or internet... if that is the case, you won't see this post anyway. If you do have access to internet then please upload version 1.4 - for web storage contact Scorpion_Blood for instance - and respond to posts here.
I wish you the best of luck with everything, and we hope to see you here again soon :)
/Anders

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  2:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
2dcoder it isnt a code update is about the site :D

im making a site for the DBT project and the layout is near completed im in fase to start coding it :D

here u can c the preview of it:

the intro image: http://clientes.netvisao.pt/sdesign/dbtbox.jpg (this still unfinished...)

and the layout: http://clientes.netvisao.pt/sdesign/dbt.jpg

and what i sended by e-mail to masterbooda is about the web-space and stuff about that :)

soon when i done with the code i will create a free domain for it www.dabooda-engine.tk (its free), but web-space is mine since i have no .com domain :\
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  3:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks geat, unfortunately this is happenning right now... I hope that soon he has enough power (money) to be able to work on the engine, post here and so...

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, Scorpion_Blood that is really looking neat! The logo is very retro, almost looks like a GameBoy game case :)
The website is pretty small in my 1600x1200 resolution, but the layout is great.
Good luck with it.

PS. You can use the cashed version of the old site to grab the text for the new site. Well, at least with Internet Explorer. Oh well, back to the DBNetwork class :P

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2004 :  4:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tanks ;) i dont use IE but i saved the news page to my disk, i dont have the other contents :\ if u have it or anyone have it plz zip it up and send it to me ;)

>> sd@netvisao.pt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.