Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2004 :  08:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi !
as i was working with dbd on my online rpg game (wich can be played soon), i saw the directx internal music and sound gestion was great but not really usefull... nowadays mp3, ogg are really important. (the pcm compression to use for directsound is too long to do)
So i decided to write my class to use the most powerfull sound library... fmod. (free if your app is free...)
And because i use it a lot i thought some of you guys could enjoy this class...
It's a very simple class, with basic features (add a sound, play, pause, stop, remove, control volume, frequency..)
There are 3 types of sound you can add (music, stream, and sound)
for more informations please have a look at the readme file inside the zip

this class because of the use of fmod, REQUIRES fmod.dll. So if you don't want to use it, don't compile your dbd engine with this class...

(take a look at www.fmod.org, for files formats, ....)

later i will add more usefull function (seek into the track...) but it is basic and anyone is able to understand how to use it and how to add new functions.

for those who want...:
http://ophidianlair.free.fr/DBTurboSourcev1.4.fmod.zip

have fun!

(for any question, .... ophidian@playhdk.com)

Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2004 :  3:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi everyone :D long time no see :( thats because im working... i got a programming job, and im learning a new language... well kind so lol its a progy done by stupid IBM and its called Lotus Notes... its just to build DataBases, anyway this job take me alot of time and i cant do anything... aboout the fmod class it is really cool but there that problem the "free" thing :( but the first game i will do with dbt i will look at the fmod and c how it works ;) and thank you for contribuing and chosed dbt for ur games ;)

Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2004 :  7:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thk you ;)
where is the problem with the `free` word ? ;)
i know the license for this .dll if you use it in commercial applications is very expensive (1000 -> 2000$)
but for the user who just want to make his free game... it's powerfull and free....

well today i was using the tiny fmod class and i realized something was missing... (lot of things...)
so i decided to add the FX effect capabilities of the fmod lib

now it's better, you can simply use the class like this:

Engine.DBFmod.Add_ "yourfile.mp3", FMOD_Stream, True ' << true because we use FX in this file
Engine.DBFmod.FX_SetGargle 1, 1, 25000, 1
Engine.DBFmod.Play_ 1

this will stream your file (so no long preload), and use FX Gargle.

remember you can stream mp3 that's on a web server, like
Engine.DBFmod.Add_ "http://myserv/yourfile.mp3", FMOD_Stream, True

Engine.DBFmod.FX_SetEffect Index, FXIndex, params.....

Index is the index of the sound file loaded in the class
FXIndex is the `slot` where to put the effect
for each file you can use up to 16 slots (1 to 16) of effects

you can have the params list to use with the according function, at www.fmod.org/docs/

you can use these effects:
FX_SetChorus
FX_SetCompressor
FX_SetDistortion
FX_SetEcho
FX_SetFlanger
FX_SetGargle
FX_SetI3DL2Reverb
FX_SetParamEQ
FX_SetWavesReverb

update is here:
http://ophidianlair.free.fr/DBTurboSourcev1.4.fmod.fx.zip

if anyone is interrested by this class i can make a litte tutorial or help file...

appreciate NOW the new sound generation :)

Edited by - Ophidian on Sep 07 2004 7:33:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2004 :  2:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
First of all, thank you very much for sharing this class!
I have a little experince using FMOD, and it has some really great features. To have the possibility of using FMOD's features in DaBooda's engine is great!

Secondly,
quote:
Originally posted by Ophidian
<br>i know the license for this .dll if you use it in commercial applications is very expensive (1000 -> 2000$)
but for the user who just want to make his free game... it's powerfull and free....

It's not nearly that expensive unless you expect to sell thousands of copies.

Quote from FMOD's licensing page (http://www.fmod.org/ifmodlicense.html):
quote:
Shareware, hobbyist agreement

Because some developers are single hobbyist programmers, or sell at an extreme low price-points with no distribution except through a website, and no expectations of high sales that could warrant or recoup the price of a normal product/site license, the 'shareware/budget' license option has been created.

1 product, PC* only. $100

* PC is classified as WinCE, Win32, Linux or Macintosh

Out of curiosity (although I know it killed the cat) - what kind of a game are you developing?

EDIT:
Note to self: Alway remember to read previous posts before asking questions that may already have been answered!

Of course you are developing an Online Roleplaying Game that will soon be available... Good luck with that!

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!

Edited by - Sion on Sep 11 2004 2:41:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  08:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thks ;)

i need some help on the automove system. If anyone can help me :

http://ophidianlair.free.fr/hdk/bug/

thank you in advance !
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  09:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ophidian, I'm not completely sure I've understood you problem correctly. Do you only want the map to scroll when you character is near the edge of the screen? If so, then try using something like the code below:

'Set up auto move  
  With Engine.DBAutoMove  
    .SetOn True
    .SetMapReference [MAP_REF_INDEX]  
    .SetSpriteReference [CHAR_INDEX]  
    .SetWidth [CHAR_WIDTH]  
    .SetHeight [CHAR_HEIGHT]  
    .SetSWidth [GAME_WIDTH] - ([EDGE_WIDTH] * 2)  
    .SetSHeight [GAME_HEIGHT] - ([EDGE_HEIGHT] * 2)  
  End With

Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  09:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try looking at this example, you might be able to resovle your problem using this automove-setup.

PS. It uses version 1.3 of DaBooda's engine, but you should be able to change the reference to version 1.4 and have it running off that with no coding efford.

You game looks neat, by the way. Let me know how it goes.

Download Attachment: Scrolling game test.zip
540.78 KB

Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  12:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx you very much Sion for helping me... but in fact i'm killing my self to find this mistake !
i looked at your great automove sample (thank a lot !), but the problem is that you use a 2*2 submap size for the map, so each submap has a map limit, please try with 4*4 for example. You will have something like
(M: map limit, O:no map limit)
MMMM
MOOM
MOOM
MMMM

and i think now the system won't works anymore.

i will try to make a sample for you, because my problem is maybe not a problem, and i can't explain it properly

(i made a complex system to load map, events, .... and now i'm bugging on a small bug.... grrrrrrrrr)

;)
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  2:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could you post the map/automove part of your game. I'm pretty sure you have messed something up - I've not tested it fully, but the top row in a 4*4 map works perfectly... I can post the code once I've completed the map w/automove.

Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2004 :  2:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No matter, here is the source (and source only - no resources, use the ones you've already downloaded) for the fully working 4*4 mapsystem with automove.
Notice that I've set SWidth and SHeight to haft the game size, which makes the map scroll only when the character is closer than 1/4 of the game size to each of the edges.

Download Attachment: Scrolling game test.zip
12.54 KB

Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2004 :  4:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well thank you again & again ;) this works perfectly.... in your sample :(
i think the real problem in my viewport system is that i have.... a different game_width and game_height
for example try to add 256 to the game_width (and adjust the rest)
i think you will have my bug... anyway i'm sorry to disturb you :\
i will try to make take the minimum of my game and send it to you.... (because the project is too big and too `bordelique` (it's french) to be understood in 5 minutes...)

thks Sion
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2004 :  5:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I change the game width and game height to 256 along with the size of the maps and map-textures, then it dosn't look very good, but it works just the same.
The viewport is unused in my example, so it's just set to the following:
Engine.SetUpMapView 0, 0, GAME_WIDTH, GAME_HEIGHT, 0  

Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2004 :  07:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm going mad :)
i will send you part of my project if you want to have a quick look.... :(
because this time i really don't understand why it fail.... :\

thks again Sion, you are a great helper ;)
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2004 :  2:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im sorry ppl :( but i not having time for anything... im tired, sad, and such... i dont know what do do... i have so much work that i dont know what to do.... anyway lets go direct to the point... Dabooda New site is CANCELED!!! yeah i know u must call me stupid or idiot or anithing bad lol, while i was coding the site i finded a big problem in the design so i was starting to edit it on Photoshop then sudden i forgoted that i formated my pc and voila... i lost the damn .PSD file...

now a good new

I WILL MAKE A NEW SITE HAHAHA, it will be more bigger than the old one and will be pretty much coded with CSS (just code), so everyone can navigate on it without download many images :D and i already got a super idea for the site.. it will even be so much greater than the one i showed to u ppl ;) soo when i got anything i will post here :D and SION sorry if u really liked the "old" site i was coding, but i think u will be surprised with the one i got in mind ;)

Edited by - Scorpion_Blood on Sep 23 2004 2:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2004 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bad news: Noooo!
Good news: Oh yeah baby!
quote:
it even will be so much greater that the one i showed to u ;)
Uh, that's going to be a tough one!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.