Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  4:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scorpion, maybe you could take a look at http://members.freewebs.com/, it is free, gives you around 40MB or space and I think 500MB of bandwidth/month. It just requires a (very) small text at the bottom of all the pages (but if you are using frames you can put it in just one frame).

Take a look at http://www.freewebs.com/hxs2/files.htm to see the text.

Whatever. Who knows...
Go to Top of Page

yinxiaodan
Neophyte

5 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  8:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VBBR . masterbooda . Scorpion_Blood , tank you.

I maked a Arpg game with chinese VB & dx7

http://show.gameres.com/yxd/yxd.rar

If you like,I'll show the code

Go to Top of Page

yinxiaodan
Neophyte

5 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  02:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobady? Sleeping....

Now BeiJing 3:50 PM

Edited by - yinxiaodan on Aug 20 2004 02:53:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice i will test it soon, anyway u forgeted SION ;) another thing this is a forum for the engine but is good to show other games by other good ;)
Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It looks like a very good game.
But I get a lot of msgbox'es when starting up. After 5-10 seconds in the game I get a msgbox telling me that "Stop statement executed", and the game ends.

I noticed that you use the GameAI-library for pathfinding. The path you are using can be optimized very much.
Try looking at this article: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010314/pinter_01.htm

Pseudo-code for optimizing the found path using the A*-algorithm. Taken from the article:
"Pseudocode for the simple smoothing algorithm. The smoothing algorithm simply checks from waypoint to waypoint along the path, trying to eliminate intermediate waypoints when possible."

checkPoint = starting point of path  
currentPoint = next point in path  
while (currentPoint->next != NULL)  
   if Walkable(checkPoint, currentPoint->next)  
      // Make a straight path between those points:  
      temp = currentPoint  
      currentPoint = currentPoint->next  
      delete temp from the path  
   else
      checkPoint = currentPoint  
      currentPoint = currentPoint->next  

I've implemented the above pseudo-code in real Visual Basic code for use in the game I'm currently working on. My code is as follows:

Public Sub OptimizeTurns()  
  Dim OldPoints As New cWaypoint  
  Do Until Me.PositionCount = 0  
    OldPoints.AddPosition Me.Xpos, Me.Ypos  
    Me.NextPosition  
  Loop
  Me.ClearPositions  

Dim FromPoint As COORD  
  FromPoint.X = OldPoints.Xpos  
  FromPoint.Y = OldPoints.Ypos  
  'Add the players current position as the first  
  Me.AddPosition FromPoint.X, FromPoint.Y  

Dim ToPoint As COORD, LastValid As COORD  
  LastValid = FromPoint 'Prevents (0,0) from beeing added if LOS to first waypoint is blocked  

Do Until OldPoints.PositionCount = 0  
    OldPoints.NextPosition  
    ToPoint.X = OldPoints.Xpos  
    ToPoint.Y = OldPoints.Ypos  

If DrawLine(RealX(FromPoint.X), RealY(FromPoint.Y), RealX(ToPoint.X), RealY(ToPoint.Y)) = False Then
      Me.AddPosition LastValid.X, LastValid.Y  
      FromPoint = LastValid  
    End If
    LastValid = ToPoint  
  Loop
  Me.AddPosition OldPoints.EndXpos, OldPoints.EndYpos  

Set OldPoints = Nothing  
End Sub

The code may not be completely clear because it's taken from a larger class. The class it's taken from "cWaypoint"-class that handles one single path to a waypoint. If you have understood anything at all, and have some questions then feel free to ask me

EDIT: I should probably mention that the DrawLine()-function checks if there is a clear Line-Of-Sight from FromPoint to ToPoint. The first loop in the code just copies the position-set from the class to a temporary class.
Still confused? Not to worry - read the article (which is great, by the way) or ask me.

ScorpionBlood - who has forgotten me? Lol!

EDIT2: Fixed an error in my optimization code where the unit would move to (0,0) if the first position isn't visible from the starting position. It's true what they say, that when the algorithm is written you're 90% done, but that the last 10% - actually getting it to work - often ends up taking 10 times as long

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!

Edited by - Sion on Aug 24 2004 06:02:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  3:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
VBBR . masterbooda . Scorpion_Blood , tank you.

here is why i said "you forgeted SION" ;)

Go to Top of Page

Sion
Warrior

Denmark
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  3:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sion's Homepage  Click to see Sion's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahh, okay. But there is a perfectly good reason why he dosn't thank me. I didn't make any reply to his post, so him thanking me would be very wierd .

On a completely different note; how is the website coming along Scorpion? I havn't had much time to dive into the new version of the DaBooda engine, with all my programming time going into my upcomming game (don't expect it any time soon though :P). But I have a plan of making the first version of the game very basic in terms of multi-media presentation, and make a second version using the DaBooda Turbo engine and all the graphics, sounds and music that I can leech! :D
I've prepared the game to make such a transition smooth and easy... hopefully.

Visit my personal blog at www.AndersNissen.com!
Go to Top of Page

yinxiaodan
Neophyte

5 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2004 :  9:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sion,I thank you, too.

you helped me,but I forgeted .I'm sorry.

I'll learn the knowledge by heart .

I know this is a forum for the engine.I hope to my Arpg game use the engine

the Arpg game
at first
regsvr32 gameai.dll
regsvr32 Hive.dll
or
"run #36816;#34892;#21069;#20808;#25191;#34892;.bat"

I sorry,I hope to Write by chinese,I only can reading english .

I can't give expression to my intention.

Go to Top of Page

SneakyPete
Neophyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2004 :  12:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With regard to the "Automation Error" mentioned earlier...

The first time you run one of the tutorial apps everything works OK, but after you have exited and try to run it (or any other one) again this error appears. Only a reboot seems to get rid of the problem. Could it be that the engine is not shutting itself down properly?
Go to Top of Page

Ophidian
Squire

10 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2004 :  03:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great!! because we can't set submap size up to 256, il used .SetXCount(2) and .SetYCount(2), and blitted the tiles on these 3 other textures. And now it works perfectly :)
what a powerfull engine :)) we can make anything we want

thx again
Go to Top of Page

alan0101
Neophyte

China
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2004 :  10:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see alan0101's MSN Messenger address  Send alan0101 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, A little question...

Do Dabooda engine support to input method such as Chinese? we cant use ASCII to convert them to words... How can we involve our reserved input method on our machine into our program??(Ctrl + Shift)

A Pure VB beginner :p
Hope to learn more Gaming skill~~~
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2004 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont know what u mean by the chinese keys :\

anyway I think we need make a compability list, cause there are many guys that the engine dont work...

and the site is coming along, slowly, no time for no shit... but i will start on it tursday and it will be finished in the next weekend... I PROMISSE
Go to Top of Page

VBBR

Brazil
617 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2004 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious, it looks like this site is starting to attract a lot of chinese people.

...it just came to me, wouldn't it be interesting if we had the articles and tutorials translated to other languages?

Whatever. Who knows...

Edited by - VBBR on Aug 22 2004 08:23:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2004 :  10:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea true lol i can translate to portuguese :D
Go to Top of Page

Scorpion_Blood
Warrior

Portugal
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2004 :  9:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpion_Blood's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yup portuguese from portugal.. the origin :D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VBGamer © Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 Eric Coleman, Peter Kuchnio , et. al.